Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yay, Week 7!

Yay! Before we start – and big shoutout to our leader, Ed Venture, for letting me do this week’s wrapup, yay, Ed! – I want to make sure everyone knows that this year’s Hoagiefest! will be Tuesday, June 4 at Dairy 2. (Because climbing that hill with several hundred pounds of processed meats is great for the quads. Yay, quads!)
I picked that day because the Collar plays – natch – and some of my other favorite teams, including that dreamy Art Museum team, and, of course, because that nasty Tap Room team and that icky Benson aren’t playing that night.
Those guys can show up if they want, and I guess they can have a hoagie, but there will be absolutely no Liquid Panty Remover shots with them this year. Except Al. He’s still cute. Yay, Al! Yay, cute guys.
It might be a good idea if there were no fires on the infield this year. The police came by and told us to put it out and then they wanted to lock up Colach – which we can all understand ;-) a little bit – and it interrupted what was a very good game of hide the hoagie. Boo, interruptions!
OK. I think that’s about it. We might need some more money, but don’t know yet. I saw Ed’s email that said the kitty was a little tight this year and all the boys started snickering about something. I can’t understand boys, but still like them. Yay, boys!
Now for this week’s results:
BISHOP’S COLLAR 14 – ART MUSEUM 4: Yay, win! Some of the dreamy guys on the Art team were a little down about this game. (Could have been those dropped fly balls). But come on, guys. We were like no wins not that long ago and now we’re back to 4-4! Yay, .500 ball! Yay, comeback!
CATAHOULA 16 – FLEISHER 5, and CATAHOULA 21 – PEN & PENCIL 10: Boo, Catahoula! Those guys are just mean and the big one at shortstop just laughs at everybody. I try to remember that Ed Venture is the boss, but this team just burns my buns.
TAP ROOM 22 – FRANKLIN INSTITUTE 14: Yay, Buddy! Fourteen runs! Yay, offense! Boo, Tap Room, especially that icky Benson!
FLEISHER 12 – ZOO 3: This is my 2nd-favorite Artistic team. Yay, the Arts! But I saw the standings and we’re tied with Fleisher, so sooner or later, we’re going to have to deal with them. You watch out, Fleishers! :-)
TEAM GREEN TAMBOURINE 22 – NATIONAL CONSTITUTION CENTER 4: Are these teams in our league? I have never heard of them. Yay, new teams! Yay, softball!
And don’t forget, yay, Hoagiefest! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment